SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Another Monday: Check up On New Year’s Resolutions for April

Today I am in control again. Sugar is not weighing on my mind. I did not eat candy or cookies or any of the things that trip me up yesterday and I can see the results today.

I am much more together. Much more focused.

It’s amazing what sugar does to me! I don’t notice it so much when it’s in foods, but I do notice it when I eat chocolate, candy, cookies, cake, etc. They certainly trip me up!

Today was just an ordinary day. Work in the morning and school in the afternoon. Nothing exciting. Work was hectic and busy. People were angry and moody and I get tired of dealing with it. I really shouldn’t work in customer service. lol.

I also realized that I need to check up on my New Year’s Resolutions and see how I’m doing:

1. Run a 5k. – I’ve progressed to week 4 of the c25k. My progress is slow and I have to admit I’m getting a little discouraged and don’t think I’ll be able to run a 5k this year, but I know I will eventually.

2. Be a better wife. – How do you measure this, really? But I could always be taking steps to be a better wife. I feel like I’m doing what I can.

3. Continue to become healthier- I have to admit for the past few weeks I’ve been taking steps backwards in this category. But the important thing is I haven’t given up.

4. Get debt under control- We’re still doing really well in this category but we have been going out to eat more than we should!

5. Weigh less on January 1st 2011, than I do on January 1st 2010!- As of last week’s weigh in, I am down 7.6 lbs. So I guess I’m still on track, but I’d like to see the weight come off faster. I am not sticking to plan like I should be and that’s why.

So there we have it! Still room for improvement.

10 comments :

  1. All in good time! You CAN run a 5K this year...just keep plugging away! You are doing great and things are going to get easier...

    Have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to check yourself - You are trotting right along

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way with Sugar. It is my poison. Amazing how just eating some sugar makes me feel sluggish and lazy. I think you are smart to keep on avoiding it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great! I just realized that some of us lose weight more slowly than others. Its ok. As long as we are losing we are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a great job. I think that you are wise to have goals in all areas of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep chipping away at them! I especially like #4. We are working at that too..well, useless debt things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You doing so well keeping at your resolutions....well done...I need to sit and re look my everything again, have gone a little off track and can see it on my body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing great! I hear you about the sugar monster, too. Those teeth grab and hold, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lesson - never doubt yourself! See - you DID run a 5K this year - and THREE (so far) no less!!! Yay for you. - Angie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...