SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Weekend

On Friday night, I had the opportunity to earn extra credit by attending a performance by San Jose Taiko. It was pretty interesting, but after 2 hours of it I was ready to get out there! They were very talented and they must be extremely fit to be able to drum and move around for that long! Seems like it’d be a fun workout. Taylor Swift actually did something similar to what they did at her concert we went to last year. Now I just have to write a 2 page paper about it and get my extra credit!

We stopped at McDonald’s on the way home for an ice cream cone. I like their cones because they’re only 3 points and they taste good. Whomever was working there made the largest ice cream cones I have ever seen. So I ended up counting it as 2 ice cream cones. So much for a low point treat! I suppose I could have thrown it away, but didn’t even think about it until now! I remember growing up we’d always be happy when they made the cones exceptionally large. Now I realize that it’s just too much ice cream and I don’t need that much, so I look at them more with dread than with excitement. Progress! :)

Saturday, we went to a grand re-opening of one my hubby’s favorite stores, Farm and Fleet. He likes the tools and all of the guy stuff there. I look around, but it’s a pretty boring store. :) But, I got a call later on and I won a $25 gift card! So hubby is already planning on what he is going to buy. haha.

We brought along our bikes and went for a bike ride on a trail out there. It was REALLY nice. The trail is beautiful and PAVED! We’re used to riding on the trail here that is rock/gravel. So it was a lot easier to go a lot farther. We are definitely going to make a day out of riding that trail sometime in the future. I burned 233 calories on the quick ride.

We got groceries and headed on home! Later on I made Gina’s Chocolate Banana Soufflés. I had never made soufflés before so I was a little nervous! I had some extra ripe bananas and decided these sounded delish! And they were! They turned out really good. I’ll definitely be making them again.

We played catch with a baseball and I burned 213 calories doing that. What a fun way to burn calories! I played softball in high school my freshman year, and I’ve always liked baseball since then. I sat on the bench most of the time, but I did learn a lot and can catch and throw pretty well. :) I had hubby throw the ball short or long so I could run/jump to catch it. It was a really good workout and I want to do that more often!

We have an enclosed porch and this year we’re really putting it to use. We put our old couch out there so now there’s a comfy place to sit down. Hubby and I sat out there in the evening and I continued reading for school. For the past couple of weeks, both professors have assigned 40+ pages a day! That gets kind of hard to get done! I’m glad I only have 2 more weeks of class left though!

On Sunday, we went to church and then came home and relaxed the rest of the day. I continued doing more reading. I was really sore from playing catch, especially. So we didn’t do much for the rest of the evening, but it was nice to relax!

Hope you all had great weekends! My weight is up a little this morning and I’m hoping it comes off by weigh in day- just need to stick to my points!

4 comments :

  1. I am sure the weight will come off soon :) That is awesome about the gift card. I love winning things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Don't sweat the weight. It'll come off. :)

    I would love to find some trails nearby to ride my bike. I'd love to have a bike to ride! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Good for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Don't worry about the weight until it is actually weigh in day ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...