SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Strength Training and Changes

Happy Hump Day! I cannot help but think of a camel every time I think of Hump Day. Thanks, Geico!

If you don’t know what I’m talking about…here it is.

Gotta love it!

I was able to get to the gym yesterday. I finally worked up enough courage to try out the weight machines. Whoohoo! I just realized that it’s my life-long anxiety that makes me nervous about going out of my comfort zone. I’m glad that I finally understand the “why”! But you know what? The more that I “just do it anyway”, the easier it will become and the more confident I will get with going outside of my comfort zone. I’m making great strides, people!

I had no idea what I was doing so I just used every machine and followed the instructions and diagrams. My muscles are sore today so I must have done something right! I have been wanting to start strength training FOREVER, so I am so happy that I can finally do so. I know it will really help with toning and losing inches. Plus, I like it a whole lot more than the dreaded cardio.

After my strength workout, I enjoyed a massage on the hydro-massage bed. That felt pretty amazing! And then I decided to tan for 5 minutes. It felt great and I didn’t burn—perfect! I don’t plan on tanning regularly, but I will once in a while. I know that it helps clear up my skin.

Once again, I just wanted to say that the staff at Planet Fitness is great. They are all so helpful and kind. None of them have made me feel insecure or uncomfortable. Win!

The gym trip was followed up by a Skinny Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks. Heavenly. I really enjoy my “me” time at least once a week. I feel so much better when I take care of myself. And besides, it helps me be a better role model for Little Miss Sunshine. I don’t want her to have the same weight and self-image issues that I have! It’s a big concern of mine.

In full disclosure, I picked up a cheese pizza at Papa Murphy’s and invited my inlaws to stay for supper. We ate that with a lettuce salad. And then Smores Pizza, which was an impulse buy since it came with as a meal deal. It was all yummy but it did put me over about 100 calories on my calorie goal!

I definitely need to work on my mindset and thought processes. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the fact that if I want to change, then I have to actually start changing! I can’t keep making the same decisions that have gotten me to where I am now. Don’t get me wrong, I have made many changes lately. This is just something that I am being mindful of as I continue to grow.

For example, I want to be thin and fit—but I also want to eat pizza and not exercise. I can’t have both! If only! But there is a happy medium also. I don’t feel too bad about eating the pizza because this is a lifestyle and I will eat pizza once in a while. On the other hand, it’s not like I couldn’t have skipped the Smores dessert pizza! You know what I mean?

So there’s a quick update on where I’m at right now! How is your journey going?

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...