SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 11, 2014

Here I am again…

I can’t tell you how many times I have started “dieting”, failed, and started yet again. Too many times! I am currently in my “started yet again” phase and let’s hope this time it sticks.

My primary Dr. won’t refill my prescriptions until I have labs drawn and make an appointment to see her. So I have a feeling that I will receive a swift kick in the rear when I see her this week. Maybe that will be motivation enough!

At a bare minimum, I have to get my pregnancy weight off. If we want to have another baby, I absolutely have to have this weight off. There really isn’t any choice in that matter. And I want to be healthier next time around anyways—so this is a really good reason to get my act together.

I don’t know how I ever lost almost 90 lbs. before. Really. I cannot find that motivation—but it has to be within me somewhere. How can I tap into that again?

I get so discouraged when I diet for a week and only see a 3 lb. loss whereas hubby sees a 6 lb. loss. I know 3 lbs. is really, really good—but when the mountain is steep, climbing over a single stone doesn’t seem like much. I know, I know… I have to start somewhere.

This weight loss thing is tough. Struggling with your weight is tough. Exercise is tough. Putting down the sweets is tough. But you know what? I bet heart attacks are harder. Diabetes is harder. Aches and pains from being overweight aren’t worth it. An early death, that could have been prevented, would be much harder for everyone that loves me.

Get your act together, Alissa. You HAVE to do this. There’s so much more to life than overeating and inactivity.

I really do feel like such a failure. I want to feel like a success again.

What kind of encouragement can you give me? I really need it!

11 comments :

  1. Hi Alissa, I recently restarted for the millionth time (or so it seems). Just keep pushing, keep fighting and you can make it. I have diabetes and it sucks. Try to avoid it. I would have loved to have children, but I wanted to get my weight off first. It never came off and now I'm 46 yrs old. Keep up the fight Alissa, don't miss your opportunity. You can do it, I know, because you have done it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the struggle too. All I can say is, good, bad or ugly, stay committed to the struggle, because you are worth it.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So love reading. Having a new baby is hard. You are WORTH it. Chin up and love that little girl.

      Delete
  3. I've gained and lost several times. It seems that once the "fog" lifts (I feel like I'm in a fog when my kids are babies) it's easier to get out there and do what it takes. I can say you are amazing. I can say you are loved. I can say that you will find the peace that will help you accomplish all your goals dear Alissa. I'll be praying for you super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alissa, my favourite weight loss blogger ever, you've done it before. The baby weight is hard to lose, 5 years on I'm still battling. I've been up and down like nobody's business over those years but you need to be in the right frame of mind to get it right as I'm sure you already know. You're still adjusting to motherhood and though I am certain all is settling down nicely now, the path with a baby then a toddler is far but smooth. The first 3 to 4 years will be primarily about your beautiful little girl but to do this properly, you need to put as much time and effort into yourself. To have a successful homelife with a baby, I'm sure you realise how important planning is, the same goes for you. Put that extra thought into meals and snacks for YOURSELF as much as you would plan baby feeding times, taking out daipers and spare clothes in a changing bag for a day out? Then add some fruit or a healthy snack for yourself. Use the pram to get lots of walking in. It all adds up, just do it slowly and enjoy where you are in life now rather than worry too much about your weight and the future. Babies grow fast, enjoy those days and if you can lose weight at the same time, then that's great too. Wishing you well. x Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn I know this feeling. I'm starting my diet tomorrow and am looking for other blogging dieters going through the same thing for mutual support and motivation. I really hate dieting, but a regular blog journal will keep me on track. I'll be checking in with you too :) You can do this - we both can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't look at the mountain, just take it one small choice at a time. I need to lose some gained weight. The numbers can make me so crazy that I'm trying to do this without any numbers. Good luck to both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel! Finding it hard to muster the motivation myself, to summon up the energy to try. I know I am capable of it but still I am resisting lol :) I hope we can do it this time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids just learned a song in Bible class. It says, "Little by little, inch by inch. By the yard it's hard, by the inch what a cinch. Never stare up the stairs, just step up the steps! Little by little, inch by inch." That's the only motivation I can offer at this point. I can, however, say amen to all of your sentiments just posted. No clue how I lost weight all those years ago! Why can't I do it now!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...