SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Conference in Chicago {Pictures}

A couple of weeks ago, I attended a conference in the Chicago area. Hubby and the little one came along and had some time together while I was busy with the conference. We really enjoyed it. 

I think hubby would make a better SAHM than I am!! He did mention that it is hard to take her places by yourself. But he had her taking a nap in the back seat of the car (when they had to check out of the hotel), and she was just well behaved overall! I think it was good for both of them.






The hotel was incredible and one of the fanciest I've ever stayed at. The bathroom mirror had a TV built into it. I requested a suite, if they had one available, because the little one sleeps so much better when she's in another room--and so do we! I didn't think we'd actually get one, but it never hurts to try. Well, we did! It was a huge room. The bathroom was actually a walk through, so you could access it from both the bedroom part and the living room part. We almost lost our incidental deposit immediately when we walked into the room-- Little Miss Sunshine went right for that blue vase!







I was able to meet some of the women I've been working with and developed some friendships. Overall, it was just a great experience for me!




Here I am all ready for the event!





Here is my team:



These women have helped inspire me and motivate me. I'm so grateful for meeting each and every one!

I loved being around a group of people with the same interests and positivity as me. In many ways, I felt like the "real me" belonged there and the "body that I'm stuck in" didn't. It gave me motivation to become that person on the outside and to not be afraid to be me.

I took this picture while at the event, and while I'm embarrassed to show my body and all of my imperfections, I took a minute to just be me and try not to worry about what anyone else would think, how fat I look, how flabby my arms were, etc. etc. etc.
 



It's not about waiting until I'm a certain size or weight to truly be me-- I am free to be me RIGHT NOW. It takes courage, but I'm working on it. 

I've entered another challenge to inspire me to transform myself. And so did the rest of my team!




I have so much more to talk about in regard to my journey. I feel like I'm making progress mentally and my therapy has really helped with that. I don't see the changes immediately, but then a while later I think back and realize that I've started to implement some of the recommendations. 

Now to just get this body in shape! I want to change over night but I know that won't happen. I get so discouraged when I step on the scale and nothing has changed. I did so well last week while I stayed with my parents and then the holiday weekend kind of threw me off track. The good news is that I have been getting in activity almost every single day.

I will have another post soon with what's been happening lately! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...