SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A New Hobby: Painting

I was invited for a "crafternoon" where we painted canvases. The hostess had various sizes of canvases and numerous colors. 

I literally haven't painted since elementary school and my art teacher did not think I was particularly artistic so it's not something I've ever really pursued or tried since then! But the more that I dabble in creative endeavors, the more I realize that I do have a creative side and I really, really love it! I've always loved looking at art. 

So anyways, I really enjoyed this! 




I wanted to create something that inspired peace, calm, and tranquility. I've always loved the hombre look, so I used that as inspiration. I think this turned out looking like you're looking out over the ocean with the sky above. Whatever it looks like, I find it peaceful to look at. Mission complete!




I was going to add a quote to it, but I decided that I like it just the way it is.

Now I want to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some paint and canvases to have some fun! I don't know that I would be good at intricate paintings, but I think I could pull off the abstract! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...