SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 8, 2011

Back to Myself

I am feeling much better today after starting to get back into my sleep schedule. Much more back to myself. Not to mention, my weight has gone back down!! Whoohoo! I knew I couldn’t have packed on 4 lbs. of actual fat. Open-mouthed smileGood news!

For breakfast, I had Cheerios, milk and a banana for 4 points.

7811 001

I completed Day 29 of the Shred and burned 172 calories! Workout out of the way! I was thinking about taking a rest day when the 30 days are over, but I like how I feel when I workout every day. So I’m going to try to keep it up. I will try to get at least one workout in a day and try to workout 1 hour a day if possible, most days. And instead of planned rest days, I will rest when my body tells me I’m tired. I had a few of those while completing these 30 Days, but not as many as you would think! There were very few days where I felt so exhausted that I really felt like I needed to rest, but I knew it when it happened- no guess work involved. If we really listen to our bodies, they will tell us what they need. Interesting!

I sipped on an iced latte while working all morning- 1 point.

7811 002

For my first break, I had a slice of light toast with an egg on top for 3 points.

7811 003

For lunch, I had coconut shrimp for 5 points. I Loooooove these!

7811 006

I also had a salad with lettuce, blueberries, pecans with Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette for 2 points.

7811 005

I finished it up with a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

7811 008

I loooove these things! That was the last of the box, but someone recommended a recipe for how to make them from scratch, so I’m going to try that out! I’ll let you know if they turn out!

I didn’t have any other snacks for the rest of the afternoon. As with most Friday nights, hubby and I are going to run some errands and go out to eat. We are planning on eating Mexican tonight. Yummy! I have 18 points left for the day, so I’m doing well! I am getting really good at making good choices at restaurants—which is a necessary skill to learn! I mean, if you think about it, we all know what we should be eating. And if I want something that isn’t exactly low calorie, then I eat half of it—or most importantly, I eat just until I’m satisfied. I don’t need to be a member of the clean your plate club.

I have found that what I am doing is going to be sustainable for life for me. Sure, I’m losing weight slowly—but I’m ok with that. I have kept this up for almost 3 years. Can you believe that?! If I can do this for 3 years, I can do it for a lifetime! Smile

Have a great weekend!

7 comments :

  1. You're doing awesome, Alissa!

    I miss those No Pudge Brownies! I have tried the Make Your Own and it does come out yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea and not planning rest days. I think listening to your body is what we all need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! I love coconut shrimp, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see the recipe for the no pudge brownie! I love the background on all the pics looks super cute with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. Glad you are feeling better Alissa. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pics! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to get back. Maybe it was water retention Weigh In day, it's just frustrating when you are back to normal a day or two later. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...