SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weigh in Day: I’m BACK!!!

This morning I weighed in at 206.2! That’s a 2.6 lb. loss this week and JUST what I needed to see! I worked so hard this week and it showed on the scale. I would like to say thank you to Jillian Michaels, Weight Watchers, and my sister. Winking smile That’s a total of 81.8 lbs. lost and is a new low for me!!

I have decided to keep Wednesday mornings at home my “official” weigh in day. It’s what I’ve done since day one. I thought about it and decided, what’s wrong with having TWO weigh in days? You know how you try extra hard for a couple of days BEFORE weigh in so that the results are good—well why not have that extra motivation for another day? If it gets confusing, I can always change it. But I think this is what will work for me.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to workout. I knew it was going to be a busy day and I wouldn’t feel like working out later. So I completed Day 6 of the 30 Day Shred and I am feeling AMAZING! I have to say that I think I can see results in my arms from the weight lifting. Plus, I burned 226 calories this morning!! Everyday, I burn more calories. Isn’t it true that more muscle makes you burn more calories? Maybe this is working!

For breakfast, I had oatmeal with blueberries and a glass of milk for 7 points.

61511 001

I had to go into the office today for a meeting, so before leaving I made an iced latte for 1 point. I knew I would need some caffeine after waking up so early! I sipped on this all morning.

61511 002

I am very proud of myself today. Today was a company cookout with free food. The break room smelled of hamburgers and hot dogs. I decided this morning that I would rather use more points when I am with family—enjoying a meal together, rather than at work in the break room by myself. So I packed my own snacks AND my lunch. I didn’t feel like it was worth it. It was a conscious decision and I’m so proud of that. And you know what? My FAVORITE vending machine cookies were FREE today too. Any of you long time readers remember the struggles I had with those?! I struggled literally EVERY DAY. I didn’t go in the break room for lunch and didn’t even make it an option to get a cookie. While I was working, a co-worker came up to my desk and offered me one, and I said, “No Thanks.” Hooray for me and my NSV!!

So for my first break, I ate an AE Dairy Greek Clementine yogurt for 5 points.

IMAG0009

I wanted to make sure that I brought foods that were very satisfying today. Things that I loved, so that I wouldn’t be tempted to eat something else.

And can I just say, I LOVE my new Smart phone! I was able to take these great pictures today and no one even knew I was taking picture of my food! Smile

For lunch, I made a sandwich with light bread, turkey, spinach and tomatoes along with baked BBQ chips for 7 points. Oh my, please ignore my finger in the background!! I didn’t notice that until I brought up the picture! No, I am not flipping you off!! lol

61511 003

I also packed 1/2  up of strawberries for 0 points.

61511 004

I was craving something sweet on my last break, and I was actually feeling a little weak motivation wise, so I ate my Fiber One bar for 4 points.

IMAG0011

I was glad I brought that! I also bought a bottle of flavored water for 0 points and way too much money! That was not my cookie in the background…that was my coworkers! lol

IMAG0010

I kept well hydrated today. By the time I had to buy the water, I had already drank 9 cups of water along with my coffee, milk and other drinks on top of that. Hydrating is so important.

I was happy to get a $25 Target gift card for being a top performer. I can’t wait to do some shopping! Maybe some smaller clothes or a fitness related item! Smile

After work, I had to run to the store to get a Father’s Day gift for hubby’s Dad. Hubby and I had planned on him picking up Subway for supper, so I texted him and told him that I would pick up supper. Well, he had his phone on airplane mode and didn’t get my text. So I came home with sushi and he came home with Subway. We both wanted sushi, so we put Subway in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. Smile

I picked up a big sampler plate of sushi and it was DIVINE. This is just grocery store refrigerated sushi but it was SO GOOD! It really hit the spot! This was 13 points, as figured from the nutritional information on the package.

61511 005

I also had some shelled endamame for 1 point.

61511 006

And for dessert, I had a banana sundae for 2 points.

61511 007

And I am very satisfied. I am lacking in veggies today but it was an out of the ordinary day today. I did my best to try to get in some servings of fruits and veggies. I felt like I did good today, considering! I used 7 weekly points on a bigger supper, and I’m totally ok with that. It was just what I needed so that I didn’t feel deprived today, and from what I’m reading in my new WW material, that’s what those weekly points are for!

13 comments :

  1. Wednesdays are my weigh-in days too! Congratulations on your loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING job avoiding the work break room - that can be a deadly place! The other day I ate 2 bites of a stale doughnut just because it was there! Thankfully, I snapped out of it before consuming the entire thing.

    Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! :) And that banana looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Keep up the momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent! Very pleased to see things paying off again. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe in the picture you're flipping off the cookies and burgers in the other room. ;) Nice work, wow that is dedication and I am taking this as total inspiration! I am also doing a 30 day shred challenge, it's not as easy on my own but it's a darn good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying no to FREE food is a huge victory in my book. Saying no to free sweets MAJOR! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on the great weigh in Alissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your weight loss! I'm with you---why wouldn't having MORE weigh in days be even more motivation? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your weight loss!
    That banana sundae looks scrumptious! I'll have to remember that idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...