SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 24, 2011

Operation- “Think like a Skinny Girl” Day

Today was one of those days that I wanted to “think like a skinny girl,” not that I shouldn’t be doing that every day, but some days require a little more preparation than others. So for breakfast, I ate a cup of cheerios with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries and milk for 4 points.

62411 001

I was not in the mood to do the 30 Day Shred today. Really did not want to do it. But since I knew it would be a late night tonight, I decided to get it out of the way, like a skinny girl would do.Winking smileAnd the weirdest thing happened. I started doing the Shred and immediately felt awesome. I worked harder and didn’t feel as sore or tired and I burned more calories than I have been! 206 calories burned—now that’s what I’m talking about! I need to push it a little more and then I’ll see the results I want to see! Not to mention, this was Day 15!! So we are officially half way there!

I sipped on an iced latte all morning for 1 point.

62411 002

On my first break, I snacked on baby carrots for 0 points.

62411 003

For lunch, I tried Schwan’s Oven Roasted Chicken Bites. These were REALLY good. I ate one serving, and it was only 2 points! Can’t beat that! And so easy to make. I can just pop them in the oven on timed bake and they are ready by my lunch break. I also had green beans and a tomato, which are 0 points.

62411 005

You just can’t beat a 2 point lunch.

I also had 1/2 cup strawberries with Cool Whip Free for 0 points.

62411 006

Since going to the WW meetings, I am learning so much more about the plan and their recommendations. I’m getting information that I either missed, or didn’t get as an online member only. I am learning about the importance of Power Foods and I’m trying to make sure I am getting in as many as possible.

Once hubby got home, we went for a run right away. 20 minutes of warm up and cool down walking. We ran 1 mile steady and did sprints/walking intervals on the second mile. Total distance was actually 2.12 running in 27:32. I burned 400 calories and it feels amazing. Smile

Tonight we’re going to do some grocery shopping, run some errands, and eat at Applebee’s. I have 26 points left for the day, so I planned well! Operation think like a skinny girl- successful! I’m thinking of ordering something that really sounds good to me (within reason), eating half and and taking the rest home. I almost always eat half of what I order at a restaurant, so it shouldn’t be a problem!

Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to find some way to be active!

9 comments :

  1. Applebees is awesome for dining out and watching your diet. I love their weight watchers Peppercorn steak meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always had a soft spot in my heart (and stomach) for Applebees. I'm currently doing a one month vegan challenge and was unimpressed when I called them last night to ask them if they had any options for a vegan. They said "no" and that was it. Every other restaurant has offered up some suggestions. I was very disappointed :(

    Congrats on the halfway point on Shred. Seeing your daily mile posts this week inspired me to go out walking again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both workouts today. I love when you force yourself to have a workout, and then feel great afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "thinking like a skinny girl" hilarious! i've been following your blog for awhile and I really enjoy it. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you for digging deep and working out even though you didn't want to. You are inspirational. Hope you have a great weekend Alissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a good weekend :)

    Sounds like a good run and glad you're learning SO much from your meetings! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Half way through the shred is great, what level are you on? Way to stick with it and rock it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...