SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My First Experience with Whey Protein Powder: Jillian Michael’s Whey Protein Powder Vanilla flavor

I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. This week has flown by. It’s been busy and I haven’t had much time just to relax. Things should start slowing down for me for the week now.

I was happy when I weighed this morning to see that my weight had stayed steady. I gained .6, but that’s nothing- and totally a daily fluctuation. So hopefully I can keep this up!

For breakfast, I focused on protein. I had an omelet made of 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites, 2% sharp cheddar cheese, and deli chicken breast. I also had a banana and a cup of 1% milk for 8 points total.

33111 001

Not the prettiest picture but what a filling breakfast!

On my way to class, I drank a green smoothie (2 oranges, 1 cup spinach). I was anxious to try out protein powder for the first time. I picked up Jillian Michael’s Whey protein powder- vanilla flavor. It was good. I didn’t notice an after taste at all. But it did mask the flavor of my fruit, which was too bad. But the vanilla flavor was delicious-It was creamy and satisfying- makes me wonder what the chocolate would taste like. Winking smile This was 3 points.

33111 002

It kept me full up until lunch time for sure- which was nice!

For lunch, I ate a salad made of lettuce, spinach, avocado, tomato, a boiled egg, deli chicken, feta cheese, cashews and light ranch for 11 points.

33111 003

For a little sweet ending, I had 1/2 of a AE Dairy Greek Clementine yogurt for 2 points.

33111 004

Before signing in to work, I made myself a cup of coffee with half and half for 1 point.

33111 005

Work went quickly today. After work, I tried to figure out what courses I want to take next semester, but they’ve changed the system and it was impossible to find courses. I seriously looked for 2 hours and I’m still not totally sure what I’m doing. But I’ll get it figured out!

When I was hungry, I ate supper. Usually by the time I get off of work I am famished, but lately- I just haven’t felt like eating- which is weird for me. And I just wait and eventually I get hungry. This is new to me! Winking smile

I baked a Tyson all natural breaded chicken patty, topped with alfredo sauce and with a side of broccoli for 7 points.

33111 006

YUM! And for dessert, I had a cup of strawberries topped with 1/2 serving chocolate syrup for 1 point.

33111 010

And I am right at my points target for the day! I did a really good job with my percentages today- 41.56% Carbs, 29.97% Fat, and 28.47% Protein. I’m going for 40-30-30- so that’s really close!

I couldn’t be happier that tomorrow is Friday and hubby is coming home. This has been a hard week and I’m really missing him! There’s something stress relieving about hugs from hubby- and I miss that! At least week 1 is down and hopefully only 3 more to go! The semester is staring to come to a close and that gets stressful. I have a big project to work on with a partner- so I have that to get started this weekend. I’ll feel better once we have a plan.

But for now- I’m going to forget everything for a little while and just relax. I started watching Season 1 of 30 Rock the other day- and I think I might watch some more of it and get some laughs in. We all need to take some time for ourselves every once in a while! Smile

16 comments :

  1. Oh I've never tried protein powder... I wonder if I can find a small container of it to check it out... That would be a nice way to make a smoothie hold me over. I love getting suggestions from you.. I just wish I was losing like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the JM vanilla too and it messed with my stomach. I can not seem to find a powder that doesnt make my stomach turn :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eats look really good today! I imagine you are feeling fuller because of higher fat and higher protein.

    That is the great thing about eating more fat. Too many people are afraid, but it really can help you eat *less*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try a green smoothie! I think it would be good for me to get some extra fruit and veggies in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of interest only as Jillian is anti sweeteners...does the Protein have aspartame or any sweetener in it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum, might have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad hubby is coming home today. Enjoy your Friday Alissa!!! And have a good and relaxing weekend. Gonna buy your Wii Fit??

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to watch 30 Rock - pretty funny show. :) Have a good weekend. - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried the protein powders, but I've seen them all over blogland and I'm tempted to try them. A couple questions if you don't mind... How many calories does the powder have per serving? Were you able to get a small container of the protein powder? Thanks, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got caught up reading my favorite blogs. I'm so excited for your loss. (That sounds kinda strange!)
    Honestly, I am so happy for you and proud of you! You have worked hard and deserve that awesome reward! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried that protein powder yet before, but I have a different brand for smoothies and I love it. I actually don't like the chocolate flavors very much (but I love chocolate...weird!) I feel like having some strawberries now!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have only tired JM Chocolate Whey powder and its delish - makes the smoothies so creamy.

    I am trying Vanialla EAS Whey now - more protien and more calories. Its ok.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is healthy to take whey protein to gain firm muscles. However, it can also be dangerous if you take too much. It can cause kidney malfunctions. Therefore, it will be wise to observe proper consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never tried that protein powder but looking this salad i want to make it.I am trying to it with vanilla flavor. I like vanilla most. Thank You so much.
    -
    whey protein powder

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
    whey isolate protein powder

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have also used whey protein supplements powder , but its not much suite to me , i'm looking for genuine products ,if available too you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...