SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Big 80 lb. Goal- An Absolutely Wonderfully Awesomely Fantastic Weigh In!

Well I guess this controlling my carbs thing is working out for me! At least this week shows that it did!!

I DID IT!!!

Not only did I lose 5 lbs. this week, which is amazing in and of itself- but I BLEW PAST my 80 lb. goal!! I have lost a total of 80.8 lbs.! What a great feeling- to FINALLY be passed that wall! Now I just want to keep on going right on down to ONEDERLAND!! I can hardly believe that I am THIS close to ONEDERLAND! Open-mouthed smile

It has just taken some looking at what I am eating and seeing where some changes need to be made. But I am making progress and very happy that I may have this figured out again! Smile

This means that I have earned my Wii Fit!!! I can’t wait to go buy it- probably this weekend! Any recommendations on good games? I’ll have to start thinking of a goal reward for 198 now- that’s a big one!!

I do want to say thank you to those of you have offered kind and tactful advice. You know who you are. Smile

For breakfast this morning, I had 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 a banana, 1 cup of 1% milk and a hard boiled egg for 9 points. I did not get a pictures because the guests were still here. Smile

So I finally cooked the steel cut oats on the stove and I LOVE THEM!! I had tried cooking them before and they were tough, not sure why? But these were creamy and SO good! But a little higher in points than I would like…

Before signing in to work, I brewed some coffee with half and half for 1 point.

33011 001

At break time I wasn’t hungry at all- which is amazing to me! It must be the protein in the egg. So I didn’t eat anything.

But by lunch I was truly hungry! After really controlling my carbs for the past few days- I decided Wednesday’s would be a good day to be a little more lenient. Last week I didn’t control them ALL the days, just most of the days- and that seemed to work! So I had a sandwich made of Nature’s Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax, deli chicken breast, Swiss cheese, light mayo, tomato and lettuce for 9 points.

33011 003

I received this bread through Foodbuzz. I am amazed that this type of dense bread is only 2 points per slice. It has a great flavor and is very filling. According to Foodbuzz, “It's the first variety of bread to be baked with pure olive oil, its a good source of fiber, has 22 grams of whole grains and the flax seed provides a good source of Omega 3-ALA. And, like all Nature's Pride breads, it is baked using 100% natural ingredients and contains no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors or trans fats and is contains no high fructose corn syrup.” I like the sounds of that! And I can vouch that the flavor is just as good. It really is a good product!

I also had a serving of TJ’s BBQ Pop chips for 3 points. I always weigh items like this instead of counting them out, I’ve heard that it’s more accurate that way- you get so many for 3 points!

33011 004

I also had a nice, refreshing glass of iced tea for 0 points.

33011 006

And for dessert, I had these Duets- peanut butter and caramel truffles. I wasn’t that impressed. I will let hubby have the rest of them. 2 points.

33011 008

I have to say that after lunch I felt like I was dragging. I am going to start paying more attention to how my body feels based on what I’m eating.

I didn’t have any snacks this afternoon either.

For supper, I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, cashews, a boiled egg, deli turkey and light ranch for 7 points.

33011 010

This was DELICIOUS!

For dessert, I had FF/SF Chocolate pudding for 2 points.

33011 013

That puts me right at my points target for the day! I’m just not as hungry lately, which I guess is a good thing! Today I was more lenient on my Carbs, but I still had a really good day- better than some of the days when I really tried to control the carbs, actually! I had 42.86% Carbs, 34.82% Fat, and 22.32% Protein. I would like to try to eat at least 2 servings of fruit everyday, and I only got about 1/2 serving today. But I did get my veggies in with lettuce and tomatoes. I will have to switch it up tomorrow and get some more variety in there. Overall, I am happy with my eating today!

I’m feeling positive and very happy with where I’m at right now! I just hope I can keep this up- obviously I don’t expect to lose 5 lbs. every week, but if I could at least start losing steadily again- I would be SUPER happy! Smile

36 comments :

  1. Congratulations! Awesome job! Inspiring!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! So happy for you!

    I am digging Dance Party 2 and of course Wii Resort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!
    Congratulations!
    Keep working on that protein :D

    A tip on the steel cut - soak them overnight and they cook faster in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You've really stepped up your game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! You Rock :D

    And yes there is usually something to be said about controlling carbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am going the low carb route and really enjoying it. Congratulations on your achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is SO beyond exciting! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alissa, I'm so happy for YOU!!! Congrats! you deserve it, keep up the great work lady :) I really like the biggest loser challenge on the wii, you don't have to thave the balance board and they have a lot of different workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great, Alissa! So proud of you for sticking with the low carb thing.. I know how hard it is..

    On the Wii game front, I'm a big fan of the Just Dance games and the Michael Jackson Experience game.. but I'd recommend renting a game first before buying it.. this way you aren't stuck with a crappy game.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's incredible! Sometimes you just have to mix it up. Good call on the carb watching and enjoy your Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO SO SO excited for you. You worked so hard to achieve this goal and now you get to enjoy it!

    If I never tell you...I love reading your blog everyday...even if I don't comment as often as I should...you are a total inspiration.

    CONGRATS again...can't wait to see the new wii fit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME!!! How do you track your carb intake etc? I am in a plateau and need to shake things up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTIC!! We are both so close to Onederland! I never even thought of getting myself a reward!! I should!!

    I always weigh the snacks too. And cheese. I can't be trusted with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alissa!!!! Big Big yay!!! What an amazing loss. Congrats on the 80lb! You are truly an inspiration and will enjoy the Wii Fit!! (if you like to dance, Just Dance is a blast!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!! Congratulations! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations!!!! Excellent result. It's great to get to milestones and glad you made it with a 5lb loss after the hard weeks you had. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAHOOOOOOOOOO what a fantastic loss this week...good going...and congratulations...You doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super duper! Can't wait to try out the Wii when we come visit this summer! :) - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is awesome!!!!! Congratulations! !

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh... congratulations on your 80 lb weight loss. What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats, Alissa!!!!!!! So, so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, that's flippin fantastic! Congratulations!! That's definitely worth celebrating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WooHoo for you!!! Congrats!! Have fun with your Wii Fit! We LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing!!!! SO excited for you that is a HUGE achievement!!! Enjoy your Wii :)

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG!!!! What an incredible loss!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations :)

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here you are - rocking the scale!!!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job sweetheart! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cool!!!great job! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...