SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, February 18, 2011

I “Big Red Puffy Heart” Running

For breakfast this morning, I had 2 slices of light toast with Peanut butter and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

21811 001

I told hubby if he wanted to come in for my first break, I would make smoothies for us. He had everything ready to go. Smile I made us each a green smoothie (1 cup spinach, 2 oranges for me and 1 cup spinach, 1 banana and 1 orange for him). He liked it!! I was so happy that he was willing to try it and actually liked it. This will be a good way for him to get his fruits and veggies in, too. 1 point.

21811 002

Awwww he even had a note for me when I went into the kitchen. I love it when he’s home! Smile

For lunch, I had leftover Bean and Ham soup with a side salad: butter lettuce, avocado, tomato, mushrooms, and light ranch for 4 points.

21811 003

For dessert, I had a little caramel cashew sundae for 7 points. I think I have an ice cream addiction again…I eat it like everyday. But who doesn’t like ice cream when it’s eaten in a serving size? Winking smile

21811 004

I got off of work a couple of hours early, which worked out perfectly because I was able to go outside and get a workout in the beautiful weather! It was a little cooler today, about 45 degrees, but sunny and wonderful.

I thought I would just go for a walk, but after walking 3/4 mile I decided to run, and I ran 2 miles straight! I walked the rest to equal out to 3.1 miles total in 48:29, burning 465 calories. I was so proud of myself for this workout.

I’m starting to get over being embarrassed to run outside in public by myself. I’m so paranoid, I think everyone is making fun of me.

Ahhhh…if only these beautiful days could last longer! I have to say, that I Red heartrunning when I can do it outside!! Not to mention, it’s getting a little easier and more enjoyable- not that I’m miss speedy or anything- but I enjoy my slogging! Smile

21811 005

That’s me to show my after run severe red facedness glow. Does your face get super red when you workout? Mine does!

When I got home, hubby wanted to show me what he worked on all day (the man never just relaxes), he built shelves in his work trailer and got it all organized and looking very nice! Now if I can just get him to do that in my closet… if only my closet were as big as his work trailer… Winking smile

I came inside and snacked on 2 Cuties Clementines for 0 points.

21811 006

Tonight we are attending a get together where we will be served pizza. I’ll just eat one piece like I did last time. Usually someone brings a lettuce salad too, so that will help. I’m bringing oatmeal raisin cookies. I’ve had frozen cookie dough from Schwan’s in the freezer for I don’t know how long. It’s still good, but this will be a good way to use it up!

So I’m going to sign off early because we will be getting home late tonight and I’m sure I’ll be ready to crash!

Have a great weekend!!

12 comments :

  1. Awww....love the note!!! So sweet. Have a great time at the gathering tonight, and a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post REALLY, REALLY makes me want to give the points system another shot. How come my food never looks this good? ;) Love the smoothie idea. I'll be honest, I have never had the 'good for ya' smoothies.. but I am going to try it now! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try as I might, I can't get my mind around green smoothies... I'll eventually try one! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Smoothies ROCK! You can check out http://365smoothies.blogspot.com for more ideas (it's an old blog of mine) ~ and I'm curious ~ how do you come up with 1 point for your smoothie if it's just spinach & fruit? Wouldn't that be zero? (I'm not doing points, so I may be missing something)

    Anyhoo, I was FINALLY able to get outside and run again this week. It ROCKED!! I thought with this injury I wouldn't ever run again. I was so stoked yesterday!! WooHoo for running!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I need to give the green smoothie a try too.
    cute note from hubby
    enjoy your get together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOw sweet your hubby!! and give me that icecream NOW! lol seriously it looks delicious, I think I´ll go out and buy some, I haven´t had dessert in FOREVER, ok more like 1 week but still. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubby seems really sweet! It's nice that you have this extra time together right now!

    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I get red when I work out! I just don't think I could ever drink a green smoothy. I like all of the ingredients you use, but together, I dunno...

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMmmmm... I love what you had for breakfast. nom nom nom. And my fave get EXTREMELY red when I work out. Some people get worried when they see me, so I have to tell them its normal. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to stay FAR away from ice cream. Everything looks yummy as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to make that shake again today and then offer my hubby a sip, I wonder if he'll try....lets see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My work always laughs at me when I get back from my run because I am so red! Oh well...proff I worked out I guess :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...