SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Five Pictures and Bloggers’ Healthy Heart Weekend

For breakfast this morning, I had 2 slices of light whole wheat toast topped with peanut butter and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

21011 001

This is my “go-to” breakfast when I don’t know what else to have. What’s your “go-to” breakfast?

School was a little stressful for me today. We had to work in groups and I always feel like the kid who gets picked last for a game of kickball every time that happens. Not that we’re picking teams, but it seems like everyone else forms a group and here I am sitting there by myself. So I ended up working with a couple of girls that I will describe as “popular girls,” who were nice enough to ask me if I wanted to work with them. I think they were in the same position as me- no one was trying to work with them either! But they kept interrupting me every time that I talked. It was frustrating. Social situations like that are stressful for me. I hope that changes someday. I think it comes down to my level of self confidence and I KNOW I need to work on that. But how? I feel so helpless sometimes.

On my way home I snacked on a light cheese stick for 1 point.

21011 002

For lunch, I had to make it quick because I had to work. I had 2 wraps made of a small whole wheat tortillas, ham and cheese- melted in the microwave, along with a serving of Baked BBQ chips and a green smoothie (2 oranges, 1 cup spinach) for 13 points. I started off with one wrap and then decided to have another one. I shouldn’t have. I think it was a little emotional eating.

21011 003

And then it was time to work. It went pretty quickly.

I wasn’t in the mood to exercise after work, but I got on the bike, thinking I had reading to get done anyways. I’ve found that stationary bike is perfect when I have reading for school to do. I biked for 30 minutes, only burned 89 calories because the resistance isn’t working on the bike. I’m not sure how far I went because the mileage wasn’t working either…time for a new bike? Don’t really want to spend the money. But it was activity anyways!

Hubby brought home subs for supper. The place he’s been building opened up- so he offered to bring home some food. I had a turkey sub, roasted veggies and a diet cherry cola for 8 points.

21011 004

For dessert, I had crust less cheesecake topped with caramel for 4 points.

21011 005

That puts me at exactly my points for the day. I was shocked when I uploaded the pictures from my camera and there were only 5 there. I thought something had gone wrong. But then I realized, that’s all I ate today. I guess I usually eat more lower point items more often throughout the day. But this is just how today went. I met all of my daily requirements though!

Hubby was home in good time tonight for once so we are going to cuddle up and watch some of our favorite shows on Hulu. Looking forward to that!

If you haven’t already signed up for Lori’s Bloggers’ Healthy Heart Weekend, make sure you head on over to her blog and check it out! It takes place February 11th, 12th and 13th. I plan on running a 5k for this on Saturday!

6 comments :

  1. I signed up and im planning on a 5k too
    I don't like picking groups either. Ido have a really bad habit of cutting people off that I work on all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I gave you the "Stylish Blogger Award!" :-) Thanks for being so open and sharing your journey! http://zombierunning.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate working in groups!

    Your food looks yummy as usual, can I have the recipe for the cheesecake? It looks so good!

    My go to breakfast is cold cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a green smoothie! Thanks for the recipe, especially what order to put it all in. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so addicted to subs. Quizno's is my favorite place to eat, but I have to watch myself or else I'll go way overboard. LOL Good luck with the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in university, I HATED group projects. Slackers either rode on the coat tails of keeners, or there were some strong personalities who had the "my way or the wrong way" attitude. Hang in there my blog buddy, you'll get through!!! Have a great Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...