SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 20, 2011

UPS Brightens My Day

Hello, lovelies! Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog! Smile

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries along with a glass of 1% milk for 7 points.

12011 001

After letting my breakfast settle and after fighting an internal battle with myself about whether or not to exercise this morning, I hopped on the treadmill. I was running short on time, so I tried something different. My sister recommended I try interval training- so I did that. I walked 1/4 mile and then did 2:1 intervals at 6 mph. I did that twice before I felt like I would die, and then I backed it down to 1:1 intervals at 6 mph because I wasn’t quite ready to meet my maker yet. I walked a little less than 1/4 mile at the end to round it out at 1.5 miles in 23 minutes. Keep in mind that I run comfortably at 4.5 mph, so this was REALLY tough for me. Maybe too tough- I don’t know? I guess I CAN do it. But it really wore me out. My HR monitor didn’t work when I was running, so I rounded up a bit and am counting it at 175 calories burned (the HR monitor said 162, so I’m really not sure what to do with that). It said my max HR was 182- and since it didn’t count while I was running- I’m not sure I should continue running that fast? lol Is that a bit high? All I know is that it was a good, intense workout and that it made the time go faster. I had this strange twitching in the muscle on the top of my thigh all day- weird! I did end up having to use my inhaler after the workout because I couldn’t stop coughing. I ended up with a headache later in the day… my body might be trying to tell me to slow down! What’s your opinion?

On my way to class, I ate a banana for 0 points.

12011 002

It was a COLD walk to and from class! Windy, too! That’s 5 degrees!

12011 003

I am getting frustrated with both professors. In the one class, I feel like I’m not learning anything. He’s just not teaching anything- but likes to tell us about all of the awards he’s winning. How? I don’t really know at this point. The second class is ok, but very high school like where she just randomly calls on people and puts them on the spot- I don’t like that. I am a deep thinker and I need time to think about things- I can’t just respond quickly. Some professors don’t get that. It doesn’t mean we’re stupid, haven’t read the material, or aren’t paying attention. It’s just that some of us don’t like to be put on the spot! Ask me to write you a paper- Will do, no problemo! Rant over. Winking smile

On the way home, I ate an apple for 0 points.

12011 005

It’s always a rush on Thursdays because I have to eat lunch and get signed in to work in less than 30 minutes. So I hurriedly heated up the rest of the BBQ chicken and made a sandwich out of it on a sandwich thin along with a laughing cow blue cheese wedge- DELISH! I also had 1/2 serving of TJ’s version of BBQ Pop Chips for 9 points.

12011 006

I was wanting some comfort food. I felt stress and worry for a variety of reasons. I kept it under control and just had a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

12011 008

Hit the spot! I brewed a cup of coffee and added White Chocolate Caramel creamer for 2 points.

12011 009

And then it was time to sign into work. We were pretty busy today, so the time went VERY quickly! I got a couple of fun shipments today! The UPS man can really brighten my dreary days! Smile

12011 010

My goodies from the Sears Fitness giveaway and also some VitaTops to sample and review- Look for that in the near future! I had never had them before.

12011 012

For supper, I made whole wheat spaghetti with ground sausage and pasta sauce. I ended up eating slightly more than is shown on my plate because I really enjoyed it. I also had a veggie medley along with a sandwich thin garlic toast for a total of 12 points.

12011 015

For dessert, I tested out one of those VitaTops- Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip- 3 points. I’ll give you the verdict in a review post- but I’ll give a hint- YUM! Winking smile

12011 016

After supper, I cleaned everything up and started baking cupcakes for a get together we’re attending tomorrow night. I bought Valentine’s day cake mix and I’m going to use pink frosting with red/white sprinkles. They’ll be so cute! I’ll post a pic tomorrow night when they’re finished. I wanted to bring something healthy- but this is easy and with short notice- that’s the road I’m taking!

Hubby and I plan on watching the latest episode of BL tonight. I’m beat tonight and so is he after working in the bitter cold all day. It’s going to be a cold, cold night. Wow! It is -15 degrees with the wind chill right now! it’s supposed to get to –16 tonight, and that’s not factoring in the wind chill! BRRRR!

I’m happy tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Whoohoo!! (BTW I ended the day out used 2 weekly points- not too bad!)

Don’t forget- you have until noon central tomorrow to enter the FABULOUS Fiber One Blueberry yogurt giveaway!!

15 comments :

  1. I love the PB vitatops! They are so good. I always spread a little pb on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing all you are able to eat really shows you are not deprived on ww!
    Enjoy the BL. Weigh in is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely spaced out when I saw how cold it is there!!! And started getting goosebumps. We have snow again in Memphis today :(

    Enjoy the BL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intervals are tough - but such a great workout! I would suggest working up. I would do something like
    warmup
    2 minutes at 4.5
    1 minute at 5
    2 minutes at 4.5
    1 minute at 5.5
    2 minutes at 4.5
    1 minute at 6
    2 minutes at 4.5
    1 minute 5.5
    2 minutes at 4.5
    1 minute at 5
    2 minutes 4.5
    cool down

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that seriously a muffin top? That is hilarious! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH...can't wait to hear the vitatop review. And yay for a restful night with your hubby! Have a good day, yay for Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make a trip across the line - you guys get all the good flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, I love ALL your food today. Looks so delicious! :) And what a great package to come hom to!! :) Nice job on the work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my FAVORITE vitatop flavor. Nummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Alissa, good job on the intervals. It kicks ass for fat loss, at least HITT training does. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  11. More great looking food!
    And that work out - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for winning workout battles! Your consistency is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its negative outside here today.... not really thrilled at all that is just way too cold lol. Don't you just love UPS packages! Mine usually just come from my mum but I love them just as much.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, 5 degrees?! It's like 70 here! I don't know how you do it!

    I do think you maybe took on a little too much at first. I am so proud of you for working out when you didn't want to! What a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interval training is tough, but works really well!

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...