SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Best Weigh In Day

I took the day off today so I could get some things for school done and get some things done around the house. It was a big relief knowing that I had the day to get caught up! I tried to sleep in but I only got to 6:00, which was still 8 hours of sleep.

Today was weigh in day. We all know how Holiday weeks can go. I made every effort to eat right and exercise this week- actually, I feel like I really pumped up the effort knowing how Holiday weeks have gone in the past. So I stepped on the scale this morning and I weighed 213.4. THAT’S A 4.4 LB. LOSS THIS WEEK!!!! WOW! I was so happy, I never lose that much weight in a week. I think part of it can be attributed to the last two days on the new WW plan, too. I’ll be interested in seeing how much I lose this next week, but after a big loss this week, I might not see much and that might not be the best representation of the new plan.I have lost a total of 74.6 lbs. It hardly seems possible that I am so close to 75 lbs. lost and also so close to 212- the lowest weight I ever remember weighing.

And since it’s December 1st, it’s also my first weigh in of the month, which I keep record of on my sidebar. I lost 5.6 lbs this month- which is well above my 1 lb. a week goal! This is my biggest loss since March of 2009. That’s pretty amazing to me. My goals for November were to lose 4 lbs. and to finish my 100 mile challenge and I accomplished both of them! Smile

Now on to my December goals:

Goal #1- Jessica, over at See How She Runs, is hosting a challenge for the month of December. I was on the lookout for a challenge- and this is the one for me. She is challenging everyone to run 26.1 miles during the month of December, a merry-thon spread out over the month. I have been wanting to increase my running since I am not running outside anymore- and this is the perfect way for me to do it! Hop on over to Jessica’s blog and join in!! I will have a counter at the bottom of my page to track my progress.

Goal #2- As always, lose at least 4 lbs. this month.

And now onto the rest of my day:

For breakfast, I had 1 slice of whole grain toast with Skippy Natural PB and a sliced banana on top along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

12110 004

After breakfast, I made a list of what I needed to accomplish today and got to work. First, I started on my research project and started compiling an annotated bibliography with the articles I had already read so far.

After I got halfway done with my goal for today, I hopped on the treadmill to start my Merry-thon. The goal was 2 miles. I walked 1/4 mile for a warm up and ran 1 mile straight and I was really exhausted. So I walked 1/4 mile to cool down and that was it. So I did get in 1.5 miles. Part of the problem was that I was frustrated because my iPod was completely dead (which I didn’t find out until it was time to run), and my HR monitor does not work right when I’m on the treadmill for some reason and that’s so frustrating. Half of the time it said my HR was 78 when it was actually double that. So it said I burned 166 calories and I assume it was probably more like 200. I used the activity tracker tool and it said that I earned 6 AP’s. I’m not sure what to do about that yet. Some running days are better than others, I know that.

For lunch, I had a salmon burger (these are SO GOOD) on a sandwich thin along with a little light mayo, ketchup, tomato and lettuce. I also had 1 cup of fresh mushrooms and onions that I cooked in chicken broth. I also had a cup of 100% juice. This was a total of 10 points.

12110 009

12110 012

For dessert, I had a blueberry Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup of blueberries mixed in for 4 points.

12110 013

I had a sweets craving later, so I had a 1/2 cup of FF/SF chocolate pudding with light whipped topping for 2 points.

12110 014

I accomplished a few things around the house and then I finally allowed myself to have the coffee with peppermint mocha creamer I had been craving all day. Look what I got in the mail today:

12110 006

Ohhh yeah! Free samples of Starbucks Via Flavored coffees! Mocha was just right for today. So I had that with 2 Tbs. of Peppermint Mocha creamer for 2 points.

12110 01612110 015

Divine. There are no other words.

I was feeling a little hungry mid-afternoon, so I peeled 2 tangerines but I could only eat one for 0 points. This was really filling, I put the rest in the fridge.

12110 017

I really hate the seeds in these- good flavor though! I can’t wait to buy some Cuties Clementines- which I see are in the stores now!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my project and cleaning the house.

For supper, I had 3 oz. chicken dipped in BBQ sauce and 1 cup each of broccoli and cauliflower for 6 points.

12110 018

For dessert, I had a 100% fruit Strawberry strip. I had exactly one point left for the day, and this was 1 point!

12110 019

I was hungry about an hour later (I don’t know how…) and so I ate the rest of the tangerines for 0 points.

12110 020

And a couple of hours later I was hungry again so I had a banana for 0 points.

12110 021

I am still hungry. So far I have been hungry at the end of the day all 3 days on the new plan. What can I do differently? I don’t think hunger is necessarily a bad thing, but we all know how it can make us eat the wrong things if we get too hungry. I might have some kind of snack tonight and use a few weekly points, but I want to save them for the weekend. I suppose using a few wouldn’t hurt anything. Have you been hungry? I feel like I shouldn’t be with all that I’m eating!

19 comments :

  1. Yeah on the awesome weigh in. Wow, that's terrific. Congratulations.

    I may just have to join you on that challenge. Sounds fun....or at least helpful in the weight loss area. :)

    Darn, I want some free Via samples. That sounds so good and I just love the regular ones.

    I have been hungry lately too. I've found that protein helps calm the hunger monster. Can you overeat boiled egg whites? How about a can of tuna on a salad? How about scrambled eggs?
    Eating protein when I'm starving has helped out a lot. Maybe boil some eggs for a quick snack. They're super good filled with hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Maybe I won't join the challenge. I still have a week of walking left before I start my half marathon training.
    But I'll cheer for you! Run, run, run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo proud of you for losing 4.4 in one week! That's incredible - no wonder your tweets were so happy about WW tonight! :) Great work, hun, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grats on the weight loss! 4.4 lbs is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo! That is a great weigh-in!!! Congrats, you must be on a WI high. LOL.
    That challenge sounds like fun. Good luck, I think I might check it out as well.
    and the foood, looks yummy and healthy as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go!!!! I've been hungry at the end of the day, too. I'm choosing some pretty filling foods, so I'm not sure why either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weigh in!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy for you. Congrats. Keep it up lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! You know I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!! that is such a great weight loss!!

    the new plan is definitely keeping me on my toes, I feel like I'm new at WW all over again. But so far I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Congrats on that awesome loss! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the weight-loss?
    Very good!
    And the hunger?
    grrrrrr
    And the "Merry*Thon?"
    heehee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go on the weight loss! 75 pounds lost is such an accomplishment. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome weigh in! You should be proud, really proud!

    Try to get some more protien and good carbs, you know the "Full foods" maybe those will help?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on such a huge loss!! I hope the new plan works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, congratulations for the loss and for the huge fitness success over Thanksgiving. Friend, you'll be down 80 lbs before you know. what an inspiration of perseverance you are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so awesome....so so happy for you. That has to feel so good and rewarding all the hard work and dedication paying off. Great job keep it up!!! I am planning on doing the challenge with you....kind of....I will walk outside or do the elliptical!!!

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! almost 5 pounds in a week! AWESOME!!!!
    Thank you for sharing all of the food ideas!
    Love your blog!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...