SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, November 7, 2010

CSN Stores Review: Foam Roller, Avocado Slicer, and Egg Ring

First of all, I just have to say that I am extremely impressed with CSN Stores AGAIN. They are on the ball. I ordered my items on Monday and received them all on Friday. Now that’s fast! Ordering online at CSN stores makes life much simpler. It’s easy, fast and there are so many options to choose from! The Holidays are coming up—definitely check out csnstores.com- it will make life much easier!

The first item I chose to review is the J Fit Extra Durable Hi-density 36” Foam Roller.

RevAbsPumpkinCookies 004

I have seen so many of you write about these foam rollers so I had to try one out for myself. After using this foam roller, I have a love/hate relationship with it, which I believe is perfectly normal. Let’s be honest, this thing HURTS! What you do is roll your muscles over the roller. For example, you lay on the floor with this roller beneath your back and roll from your lower back to your shoulders. It hurts so bad, and the instructions say that you are supposed to hold it where you have tension spots. Once I finished, I was amazed at how loose my back felt! I think this actually works- whether it hurts or not!

The second item that I am reviewing is the Avocado slicer. When I saw this, I knew I had to have it!

110110 007

The idea is a good one, but I think I have better luck when I scoop out the avocado with a spoon and slice it myself. It does work, but it’s kind of messy to use and a little frustrating to try to make it work right!

The last items I chose to review are the egg rings. I wanted to cook eggs in a perfect circle and mine always turn out all weird looking.

110110 004

These egg rings didn’t work so well. I also wanted to try using one of these to cook egg beaters in, but the rings are slightly bent, so the egg beaters seeped right under the egg ring. The egg itself seeped under the egg ring too.

110110 006

Ultimately, these egg rings were disappointing and I wouldn’t recommend them. Maybe there’s another brand that would work better?

While the products may not have been my favorites, csnstores.com is awesome! Hubby’s birthday is coming up and I know I’ll be shopping there!

8 comments :

  1. I LOVE my foam roller! You're right- it hurts but makes you feel great afterward! My hip has really benefited from using it after a run.

    Sorry about the egg rings :( They looked like they had potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr....I hate that when I have high hopes for a gadget and it falls short of my expectations. That said, YAY for the roller!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww. I have been considering an avocado slicer. You may have just made my decision for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow avocados are messy enough, guess I'll stick to my spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gadgets!
    Oops on the egg, eh?
    Still cool - the avocado slicer -
    I thought Kristi said "to lick the spoon!"
    Shows the true contents of my mind!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roller seems to be a good idea! Should try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your reviews. Since I live in a small town in South America, I love seeing what new gadgets come on the market. We usually eat messy eggs and I haven't bought any avocado lately. If I do, they won't be cut evenly either. Now the roller... wish I could import one!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn! I totally would have gotten that avocado and egg thing, if they worked!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...