SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

School Day

I got up early this morning because I still had some homework to finish up for class today, 5 AM comes bright and early! It’s hard to get up in the morning and get going when it’s pitch black outside until after 6 AM!

For breakfast, I had a slice of pumpkin yeast bread topped with honey nut whipped cream cheese and a banana for 7.5 points.

91410 004

I finished up my homework and went back to sleep for about an hour- it was just what I needed, because I felt so much more refreshed when I woke up- that and the sun was shining!

I experimented by making a pumpkin smoothie. I used pumpkin, a little pumpkin spice syrup, WW vanilla yogurt, ice and a little bit of coffee.

91410 005

The result was this:

91410 008

The first couple sips were delicious and after that I wanted to throw up. Maybe too much pumpkin? I’m not sure. YUCK! My stomach was growling and I knew I wouldn’t be eating for about 5 hours- so I forced myself to drink as much as I could- I got 3/4 of the way through for 1.5 points.

91410 009

Blech! Don’t try that at home!

School was the same as usual. A little more interesting today in the second class and pretty entertaining- which makes the time go a lot faster!

On the way home, I snacked on this for 1 point:

91410 006

I was STARVING by the time I got home. I made a salad and went a little heavy on the points by not planning before making it. It consisted of lettuce, avocado, a boiled egg, pecans, and light ranch dressing. I also added a little BBQ sauce after I had already taken the picture. This was a 10 point salad.

91410 010

I also had a 1/2 serving of Pita Chips for 1.5 points.

91410 011

And for dessert, I had a low fat krispy bar for 2 points.

91410 012

Which wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t had Nutella from a spoon- for 4 points.

91410 015

After that, I sat down to read for school. I really wanted to go take a nap or just zone out, but there was a reason I changed my work schedule and that was to have more time for homework! I got a lot accomplished and I am happy with what I got done.

All afternoon I was craving food. Any food. I felt hungry, but the hunger signs weren’t there. I didn’t have a growling stomach and didn’t feel shaky and weak like I needed to have food any moment or I would die. As I write this, I realize how I should really pat myself on the back for this one. I like to admit all of the “bad” choices I make and beat myself up for them, but I don’t credit myself enough for the changes that I have made. I was CONSCIOUS of how I was feeling. I knew that I was not TRULY HUNGRY and that I was wanting to eat for other reasons. I was able to ACKNOWLEDGE that and stay away from the kitchen. THAT’S PROGRESS- if you ask me. :) So, I mixed up some calorie free orange drink and sipped on that.

91410 013

For supper, I had salmon, cottage cheese, roasted potatoes, and strawberries for 9 points.

91410 016

Dessert was a serving of chocolate pudding for 3 points.

91410 017

That puts me at using all of my weekly points- EXACTLY. I don’t know how I managed that! I’m hoping for good results at WI. For 4 days after WI last week, I had record low weigh in’s for myself. The past 2 days my weight has been slightly up, but lower than last weeks WI. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll lose this weight I’ve gained in the past couple of days!!

Thanks so much to Crystal for this award below! :)

Happy_101

Hubby and I are going to go for a bike ride tonight! Looking forward to that as I really need the activity!

I’ll leave you with a random picture of one of my two cats, Daisy. :) She was sitting right behind me in this picture, while I was writing this. One of her few moments where she is NOT trying to get in my face!

91410 018

8 comments :

  1. You're doing great! I think maybe the coffee and the yogurt were clashing...The rest sounds good together to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it soo hard to wake up early to finish work? It's good that you managed your food well around it though... that's always tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - I tried a pumpkin smoothie about a year ago....
    same result.... decided to try fasting - it was better than the smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing sooo well, and your kitty is GORGEOUS!!!! She looks like a bundle of mischief! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! I can't wait to see how weigh in goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the pumpkin bread made me want to bake some! Yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. now Im wondering: would I like nutella?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how did that divine salad add up to so many points????

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...