SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 13, 2010

I Might Turn into a Pumpkin!

I had a restful and relaxing weekend. It was nice to be able to spend it at home for once! No traveling and no plans- kind of nice once in a while! I cleaned, did LOTS of reading for school, baked, went on a walk, went on a bike ride, took a nap, and just enjoyed the weekend! I hope you all had nice weekends, too.

Last night’s supper was full of sodium, so I was ready to start eating healthier and start drinking lots of water this morning! (Don’t worry- I didn’t get off track!). I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of canned peaches and 1 cup of 1% milk for 5.5 points.

91310 001

Before signing in to work, I made an iced coffee. Maybe I should refer to this as an iced latte. I’m not really sure of the difference. But this one was AMAZING. I used 1 Tbs. Pumpkin Spice Creamer (finally found it in the store!), coffee, 1/2 cup of 1% milk and the secret ingredients in this Coffee Shop Pumpkin Syrup. (Thanks for sharing this Spunkysuzi!) I used 1 Tbs of this (free for 1 Tbs!! according to the recipe builder) and it is SOOO good! I recommend giving this a try! Overall, this was still 1.5 points. So I think I would call this a pumpkin spice iced latte? What do you think? :) It was every bit as good as Starbucks. Simply Wonderful.

91310 002

For my first break I had a medium sized banana for 1.5 points.

91310 003

For lunch, I had a whole wheat pita stuffed with deli ham, a slice of cheese, 1 cup of lettuce and light ranch dressing for 6.5 points.

91310 005

I also had a few whole wheat crackers and hummus for 2 points.

91310 006

For something sweet, I had a low fat rice krispy bar for 2 points.

91310 007

And I was craving some sweets, so I had a Lindt truffle for 2 points.

91310 008

*Whew- a little overindulgence here!*

I had a long day today. I changed my schedule around to help with school, so I work long days MWF and then I’ll have Tuesdays off and work a short day on Thursday. So the good news is that I don’t have to work tomorrow! Yay!

For supper, I made cream of pumpkin soup (2 cups) and I had 1/2 a slice of homemade pumpkin yeast bread topped with Honey Nut whipped cream cheese all of this for a total of 6.5 points.

91310 009

91310 010

This soup turned out absolutely great! I kind of remember making this last year- it’s really good! The pumpkin bread is very good too, but a little high in points- so I eat 1/2 slices and that’s plenty!

After all the pumpkin today I just might turn into a pumpkin! :)

For dessert, I had a 1/2 slice of low calorie cheesecake cheesecake drizzled in sugar free chocolate syrup for 2 points.

91310 011

This is another really good recipe that I’ll have to share soon! DELISH!

Because of my indulgence at lunch time, that puts me at using 1.5 weekly points today. I’m happy with that!

I’m really looking forward to having the day off tomorrow. I’ll go to school and then come home and get caught up on reading for school! I think I have a test this Thursday, so I’ll probably be doing some studying, too!

Check out this giveaway for Brooks running shoes!!

5 comments :

  1. I love how you find ways to indulge your sweet side. I still cannot do that without overindulging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yum" is the word around here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foods look delicious. If you wanna pass over some of that low-cal cheesecake... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you so much like me...love your healthy but also your sweets...I am doing a 30 days no treats at the moment as I was having a chocolate or two a day....but even with giving it up...made no difference to my weight so far...so what does that tell you...enjoy the treats...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...