SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday

So far, this weekend has been just what I needed.

Saturday morning, we went down to the track. I was scheduled to run 2 miles without stopping for the c25k. I ran 1 1/2 miles and I felt like I needed to stop. I walked 1/4 mile and then hubby ran up to me and said we should run the last 1/4 mile, so we did. I’m very happy with what I ran because the farthest I had run without stopping before that was 1 mile, so I increased my distance by 50%! My goal is to work towards that 2 miles now. With the bike ride there and back and the run, I burned 506 calories- love it!

After lunch, we went down the the pool. This is the first time we’ve been able to go this summer! It felt so good. So relaxing and wonderful. I guess we didn’t put enough sunscreen on though because we are both burnt to a crisp only after 2 hours. The sun intensity must have been up or something because I rarely burn. But, at least I’ll have a tan now! :)

Late afternoon, we headed up to get groceries and a Father’s day gift for Hubby’s Dad. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? :) He’s hard to shop for. But we ended up doing something different and bought him a bunch of fresh fish and different things from the deli, along w/ a gift card.

We ate at Panera Bread. I love that place. I RESPECT that place because they put all of their calorie information and ingredients right on their website and it makes it VERY easy to plan what you’re going to eat. I had the You Pick Two- Strawberry Poppy seed and chicken salad (I’m not sure why there is poppy seed in the name because there aren’t any poppy seeds to be found in the salad), broccoli cheddar soup, and a baguette. 10 points total and well worth it. We always request our gift cards from MyPoints.com for Panera, so we ended up eating for $5.

We went to Old Navy because my swimsuit top is literally swimming on my body. I was trying to find a top to go w/ my brown bottoms, which still fit pretty well. No luck at Old Navy. I’m not exactly looking for a string bikini at 234 lbs, if you know what I’m saying. hehe :) Target only had black swim suit tops in the plus sizes, so no luck. I’m not wanting to spend much money because I’m hoping it won’t fit next year, but I like to swim around at the pool and my top kept trying to go over my head- not good!

So today is Father’s Day- Happy Father’s Day to all of the Fathers! We are having the in-law's over for lunch today and to give him his gift. Enjoy your day!

6 comments :

  1. Way to go on the running :) Pretty soon the hubs won't be able to keep up!!
    Did you say pool?? Give me a sec to pack my swimsuit and towel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great run! Way to go! You are improving so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the run! Only way I'm running is if someone is chasing me! lol. I went swimming but not until later in the day so it was actually a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on the exercising! I'm down to walking right now because my right knee is in my way! I hope you had a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the running!

    I enjoy Panera, too - but usually just for bagels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome run!! I sympathize about the swim tops - I find it hard to find anything that's not plain black even though I love to have something a little more girly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...