SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend in Review

On Friday, I did a little bit of shopping after I got out of class. I am looking for a cute pair of capris. I ended up buying a pair of black capris for working out. I went over to Old Navy and they were having 30% off of everything in the store. I found a different pair of black capris, a zip up hoodie, and 2 pairs of flip flops. The capris actually fit me well!! The best part is that I got all of that for the same price as one pair of capris at the other store! So I’ll definitely be returning the first pair. I love Old Navy!

Hubby and I went out to Subway for supper. We picked up the gift card that I won during a grand re-opening of a store and purchased items for our upcoming camping trip. We got groceries and went to Sonic for an ice cream cone for 4 pts. So delicious and so worth it! We went home and relaxed and watched an episode of Community- I love that show!

On Saturday, our city was having their city-wide garage sales. So this year we decided to walk the whole time instead of driving. We went to every one that we saw and realized that some of the ones we would have just driven by, had the best finds! We walked for 3 hours! It was so much fun. I burned 1029 calories- which is just plain awesome!

Here are our finds:

May2010 005

May2010 006

May2010 007

I am most excited about the WW cookbook that I scored! I’ve always eyed the same one in the store but felt it was too much money. It only cost me $3! Hubby got a pair for shorts for work. I found a shirt for my Dad. I got books that I can read over the summer. We got some DVDs, Tupperware for .25 a piece that we use to pack our lunches in, a softball, a rug for camping, and hubby got an expensive power tool for only $5! And let’s not forget the brand new Steve Madden shoes I scored for $4! I am always astounded at how good the garage sales are here.

After that, we came home and ate lunch. For dessert, I made us some fruit smoothies for only 2.5 points each. I was trying to use up some kiwis and ended up using too many and it gave them a really sharp taste, but they were still pretty good.

May2010 008

May2010 009

I worked on preparing for my finals for a few hours after that. Hubby and I planted some seeds in our garden and took it easy for the rest of the night. It was a great Saturday!

On Sunday, we went to church. After that, we went to Hubby’s parents for lunch. It was delicious- but I may have eaten too much. We also got some firewood from them for our upcoming camping trip.

We went home, took a quick nap and then I worked on more homework. After that, we ate a small supper and started going over our list of things that we want to pack for our trip. We’re preparing healthy snacks to try to stay on track. Can’t wait to go!

Hope that you all had a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. Nice finds! That smoothie looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You burned lots of calories walking around...wow, that was also a score for the day.
    I have a few WW books and struggle as from Australia...so when you find something nice and easy with chicken ( dont eat red meat ) let me know...pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! My weekend also included garage sales, but we didn't walk. :( I love that idea though!!!

    Hope you have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great about the walking!!! I love Ever After, it is one of my favorite movies. Also, Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...