SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer Challenge

I am setting a goal for myself to lose 20 lbs before I go back to school. I want to try my absolute hardest to get this weight off. I know that now that school is over I will be less stressed (hopefully I won’t just be stressed with work instead!) and will be able to focus on eating well and exercising. I go back to school at the end of August. So that gives me about 17 weeks to lose 20 lbs. It’s definitely doable- but I have never lost that much weight so fast. It’s a little over a lb. a week. I’m at least going to try! Last summer I lost 7 lbs. So if I lose more than that, I’d be happy! Weight loss is slow for me and I think it’s because I get off track so often.

So yesterday was day 1 and I did really well! I got that 40 minute walk/run in. My legs are feeling it this morning! I’m starting to wonder if I should run outside or not. People were mowing their lawns and there was a flowery fragrance in the air and I coughed and coughed on the walk home. I have been coughing stuff up ever since. TMI, I know. I didn’t take allergy meds yesterday, so that may have been a mistake. I used my inhaler twice yesterday, which isn’t very common for me. I’m going to keep trying though, I just don’t want to get myself sick again.

Today is like my Friday!!! I get off work 1 1/2 hours early! We’re going on our camping trip I’ve been telling you about. The weather forecast isn’t looking good for tonight or tomorrow, but we’re going to make the best of it anyways. Let’s just hope our tent keeps out the rain! I will take lots of pictures and will share them next week!!! Have a great weekend!

Don’t Quit!

8 comments :

  1. 1lb a week is very do able!!!
    If you put 100% of your focus on your plan and know what you want for yourself you can do it as nothing tastes as good as thin does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do that if you really stay committed and focused. I tended to just break my weight loss into 5 pound increments rather than have a date goal. For me, I did better that way, but that's just me!

    I'm happy that you have a definite goal and some strategies in place to reach it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping! Have a wonderful time. We want pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can reach the 20lbs lost in that time period. You just need to stay focused and you will get there. Have fun on your trip camping!

    Happened to wonder over here from another blog and thought I would check things out. Like what I see so now I'm following you. Look forward to reading your blog in the future.

    If you get a chance swing by my blog and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals!! You can totally hit that 20 lb goal!!

    Have fun camping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can do it!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful goal! I know you can do it. Have a great time camping!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...