SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Amazing Day

I had the most amazing day today. I took the day off of work to work on a presentation that I had for school. Any day that I don’t have to go to work is probably going to be a good day!

Let’s not forget that I lost 4 lbs, finally getting past that 50 lbs goal!

I was able to get my presentation together, eat a good lunch, and go to class. I had a feeling the presentation went well and I felt organized. I was nervous, but I made it through. I also got a paper back in that same class and got an A! So that made my day even better!

I decided to get an armband to hold my cell phone and a Kleenex for when I go running. I don’t mind holding my iPod but have you noticed how none of the women’s workout pants have pockets? Kind of weird. So that was the last part of my $50 Health Shopping spree. I ordered my food scale in chrome so it should be here next week sometime.

I came home from school and went for a run. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. 75* and sunny. I decided to try week 4 of the c25k. I did every part, but on the very last 5 minute run I only ran for 1 minute instead because I felt beat. But I still increased my running time a lot! I can run 5 minutes straight!!! That seems amazing to me. I got home and checked my heart rate monitor and I had burned 378 calories! I burned about 248 on the the previous weeks runs! But it said my max heart rate was 227, which doesn’t sound good to me. I’m not sure if that is accurate or not, but I’ll try to keep a better eye on it. I felt absolutely fine, just tired.

I also picked up some almond butter, which I have been dying to try. It was on sale for $4.99 and then there were $1 off coupons. That’s a good deal, I think! WOW- That stuff is absolutely amazing!! I was really impressed with how good it tasted. I’ll definitely be buying that again!

So that was my day and I loved every minute of it, except for maybe when I had to give my presentation. :)

8 comments :

  1. I hate clothes with no pockets!! That's why i'm getting an ipod for my birthday so at least i can get an arm band! You are doing great with your running. Let me know how you like the almond butter that's one i've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the C25K! I've kind of halted and now need to start over :( Oh well, I bought the iPhone app for the C25K, and I can't wait to try it out next week.

    I bought some almond butter for the first time last week, and I'm in love with it too. I've been eating it with my baked oatmeal. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost all my running shorts have pockets & i always take advantage of them!!! :)

    Almond butter is good...I just hate how many calories & fat there are in it, but I know it's a good source of fat!

    Glad you had such a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 50 pounds lost!!! That is so terrific, you must be so excited!
    227 heart rate is REALLY high - hopefully it was just a glitch with your HRM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I POPPED BY YESTERDAY BUT WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A COMMENT, have been struggling with many blogs lately.

    Have a good Easter weekend...and glad your weather is great...I'm hoping by this late afternoon it will be better here, we about 9 degrees c ( we read it differently to America ) so to give you an idea from 20 degrees up is nice...30 degrees up is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job with c25k. Week 4 seems tough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I aspire to run 5 minutes so I think that is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...