SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update

Things have been out of control the last week or so. I haven’t been tracking my points and I’ve been doing a lot of emotional eating.

My grandma passed away on Monday night. The funeral will be this coming Monday. That has been really hard on  me and has drawn me to find comfort in food. I see this as an issue and can see that even though I have come so far, I have a lot farther to go. I have not overcome those emotional eating issues.

I gained 4.4 lbs. on weigh in day. But I’m feeling better as this morning I lost 3.2, so not far from my lowest weight. I am going to count points again now. I am off of work from today until next Thursday. I already had today and tomorrow off, and my company gives 3 days funeral leave, and they expect you to take it, so I have Monday through Wednesday off. I’m sure that I’ll need the time to rest after Monday’s funeral and emotional stress.

My brothers and sister and families will be coming to stay at our house on Sunday afternoon. My Grandma (on the other side) may come to stay at our house Monday night. We’ll have to see. It will be busy to say the least.

Hubby and I are trying to get our finances in order. We sat down this morning and added up all of our debt and we feel overwhelmed. Does anyone have any finance tips?

I wasn’t going to blog for a while, but after a few days off, I realized that I need to keep up with this. This is my support system and I see how easy it would be to gain back these 40 lbs. I’m really looking forward to a new start and a new year!!!

6 comments :

  1. I am so sorry to read about your grandma, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

    I can offer no help on the finances advice, having had a similar freak out here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Though it's never a good time to lose a loved one, I think it's even worse when it's during the holidays.
    Give yourself some slack on the emotional eating - it happens to the best of us, and you will get through it.
    Can't help you with the finances - I'm in deep as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging. Sorry to hear about your grandma. Wishing you and yours well during this time.

    I just started a new blog that is linked to "fatgirl vs skinnygirl and it is all about being on a budget in 2010. I named it "My Life on a Budget!". I am tackling my finances the same way I have tackled the weight. I made paying my bills off my first priority after my essentials like houses, utilities and transportation. Paying my debt off is before eating because it is so important to me for 2010. I Would encourage you to budget everything out.

    "Think with your pocketbook not your heart"

    In the past I thought with my heart which lead me into debt. Now that I think with my pocketbook I have total control of my life and finances which will lead me to a debt free life. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your grandma's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    A book that really helped us on our road to better finances is Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover." It's great. He's got a website too. Another great website with a lot of calculators, articles, and tips is www.whatsthecost.com Really good!

    You can reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...